Translate

Sunday 24 March 2019

Panasonic DMR-EZ27 Repair.

Skinny sent me a message on Facebook....

"Mum's DVD recorder has gone wrong. Can you take a look?"

Yeah, why not...


It's a rather nice Panasonic unit. I like Panasonic stuff. This one has failed completely dead...


Off with the lid, and the fault is immediately obvious... (or so I thought)

C1401 has had enough and blown his top... he smooths the 5V rail. In this case it's 1,200uF at 6.3V. I didn't have one, so I fitted a 1,500uF, 16V part...

Watch out for the charge remaining on the main reservoir capacitor.

Plugging the unit back in..... and .... nothing :( It looks like the power supply isn't starting up. A quick check of the capacitor in the current stimulation supply in the primary shows it's in bad shape. It's a 68uF 35V part. It's ESR was over 30 Ohms. I fitted a 68uF 63V part and tried again.

Bingo!

Another saved from landfill!
The guilty parties ....

No comments:

Post a Comment