Translate

Saturday 20 June 2020

NOAA Image site rescued.

It appears I didn't read the small print for the web hosts that up until yesterday were hosting the NOAA pictures website. It disappeared overnight.. I thought perhaps we'd gone over our bandwidth limit, and they wanted me to subscribe and send them some money, which is fair enough...

... but no, apparently they do not allow automated uploading. The politely shut my account and wished me luck. Fair enough.

Anyway, I put out a plea for some webspace on my facebook page, and had plenty of offers. Thanks to every one of you.

Matt (a regular reader of this rubbish I write, who is also building a NOAA receiver after seeing some of the images I've received) came to the rescue, as he has his own site which he hosts... https://2e0mdj.info/

So he's organised a new bit of the web for me... ladies and gentlemen I present ...

https://andydoz.swdg.co.uk/

Even the URL is better!

It's all up and running again after a bit of fiddling about with settings at Matt's end, and him spending hours fault finding with me. Expect Malvern to come on line in the next couple of days. Evesham is currently off-line as I'm not there at the moment, and Gloucester isn't quite ready for the off just yet...

Anyway, here's to Matt. Have a virtual Doz' Blog Medal for Outstanding Service to the cause.

No comments:

Post a Comment